All the preparations and arrangements that lead up to your wedding day can be quite overwhelming and stressful, to say the least. Those beautiful decorations and flowers, the little place cards, the lighting, the table settings; and your family and friends enjoying themselves as they dance to the music that you have specially chosen for the day; are all things you want to remember and cherish for a long time to come.
But the big day will also rush past so quickly that many memories of that day can become a bit unfocused. This is why you need to hire a skilled Sheffield Wedding Photographer to capture all those special moments in their lens.
But if you want great photographs that you would love to look at over and over again, you need to be sure you are choosing the right Wedding Photographer. Here are some tips that will help:
- Choose your style
The different photography styles you can choose from include:
- Classic portraiture– This is a more conventional style, wherein the subjects pose in specific settings such as a scenic backdrop, the altar etc.
- Reportage– There is no staging involved in this style; it is more about shooting candid photographs capturing all the natural moments at the wedding.
- Fine art– This too is a very traditional style, but the photographer can get more creative when it comes to capturing ‘dreamer’ shots.
- Contemporary- This is a more modern style, and significantly more experimental. If you want something unique, this is the style you should opt for.
Knowing what these different styles are will help you search for a photographer that shoots in that style. All well-established photographers will have portfolios on their website and you would be able to ascertain whether their work style suits your requirements. Some photographers are skilled enough to take photographs in different styles and you can discuss your requirements with them.
- Read reviews
In addition to looking at the photographer’s portfolio, it’s important that you read customer testimonials and reviews as well. This will give you a better idea of what their previous clients have to say about their work.
- Have a meeting with the Sheffield wedding photographer
Make it a point to have a meeting with the photographer, more than once if possible. This person is going to be there at your wedding right through the event; if you find them to be too quiet, excessively chatty, bossy or annoying, that can ruin your wedding day.
Discuss pricing and understand what you are paying for and what’s included and what isn’t, in the package you’re interested in. See if the pricing is negotiable and ask what kind of discounts they offer etc. This will give you a good idea of whether their services fit into your budget.
When you choose Nathan M Photography, you can rest assured that even those fleeting moments will be captured beautifully.. For any more information or to send us queries feel free to use this online form and we will revert shortly.
As seen on….